Monday, December 19, 2016

Falalala Llama!






In addition to being completely yarn-obsessed, I'm also a bit smitten with hand embroidery. My favorite is to embroider onto felt... it's inexpensive, is easy to find in a wide variety of color, and is versatile. I will admit, however, that I haven't embroidered much lately (ok, like in over a year), until yesterday night.

This cute "punimal" pattern popped up in an Urban Threads email and I just had to make it. I was able to use a few different stitch techniques, as well as my favorite multi-colored floss. I'm really quite pleased with how this ornament came out. I am gifting it to my friend, Andrew Evans, because he's helped me out a lot in my grand re-entry into the show rabbit world after a decade away, and because he and his family raise and show llamas.

This little project was just the right inspiration to make me bring all the embroidery supplies out of storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment