Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Dyeing

I haven't dyed any yarn in a long time, close to a year. I got an itch to bring out the food coloring and kool-aid the other day, and this is what come of it:


KP Stroll Bare, dyed in the crockpot with food coloring. I absolutely love how it turned out.


2 hanks of KP WotA SW Bare, crockpot with food coloring.


1 hank of the WotA SW Bare, using kool-aid and a tiny bit of food coloring.

Overall, I'm pleased with the results. I need to start dyeing more often... I have a lot of bare yarn just waiting for color!

I also have a few WIPs and an FO to show off:


Newborn Vertebrae in KP Felici (Gummy Bear). This is turning out super cute. The cuffs and buttonband will be in Stroll (Rouge). I think I can get a hat out of the yarn, too.


The Hue Shift Afghan has been started! My plan is to do a square a day, then one round of border a day. That will make this take 120 days to complete, plenty of time before the October wedding without it being stressful. It's really fun and the squares go by quickly.


I finally got the woven scarf off the loom! It still needs a bath. This is 2 skeins gone from deep stash (KP Imagination).

For my stashdown challenges, I'm doing pretty well. I knit 525g this month (this is minus the 500g I purchased), 373g of which is fine yarn. I want to have 6000g gone by the end of the year, with 3000g of that being fine.

3 comments:

  1. Everything is just lovely!!! Love the colors in that scarf. New reader, love your bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see how those yarns knit up! And I love that woven scarf too!

    ReplyDelete